[sbopkg-users] sbopkg issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 20 20:41:37 UTC 2020

On Wed, 20 May 2020, KRT wrote:

>   I joined the list to chime in, I hope you don't mind my $0.02.

KRT,

Nah, all contributions are welcome.

>   sqg -a populates the queue directory so that now each package with hard
> dependencies has a queue file listing these, that's all I use it for.

Thanks for clarifying.

>   Regarding the gnucash situation, it was recently patched without a
> change in version number, and I think sbopkg picked this up, and is what
> you noticed.

>   I believe that python3-PyQt5 is a similar situation, those Qt5-related
> scripts were refactored a few times recently to account for some
> anomalies. Yet again, just a build version bump, not a package version
> bump. I think that is all you are seeing.

>  I could be wrong, but I noticed the same thing when packages get rebuilt
> for various reasons.

When the weekly update lists arrive in my inbox I quickly scan them, but let
sbopkg find the one's installed here needing updates so I don't see the
reason for the package's placement on the list.

>From now on, when I see a package on the queue process list that is the same
version as is installed here I'll check the e-mail and de-select it for
processing.

Thanks for the chimes,

Rich