[sbopkg-users] What? No SBo packages installed?

George Kahrimanis GeKahrim at freemail.gr
Tue Apr 23 23:28:45 UTC 2019

Thanks, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo (Sat Apr 20 07:52:00 2019),
for showing that the cause of the trouble with sbopkg in
Sl/w-current is that the plain "find" command does not follow
links, not even as paths. Therefore you suggested that certain
path-names end with '/', to force "find" to search inside each
linked folder.

Based on that hint, I made a different change in the
/usr/sbin/sbopkg script: replaced every "find" with "find -L",
and so far it works well, at last! Singing in the rain, I'm happy
again :-) In this way, there will not be such trouble in case of
any *future* change of location. (However, change of location is
a bad idea, I think.)

Whatever solution you prefer for this trouble, don't you all think
that it should be implemented into a new version of sbopkg, very
soon? If I understand correctly, every user of Sl/w-current has
this problem, and it may cause disappointment with sbopkg and with
Sl/w, especially to new users.

Keep up the good work!
- George K.