[sbopkg-users] bash completion

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Mon Jan 17 19:53:37 UTC 2011

On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 05:54:29 +0300
Igor Murzov <igor at gplsoft.org> wrote:

> Hi, Robby
>
> > I've been meaning to do this myself, but I can't seem to find
> > the time, so I'll make a shameless request: any chance you
> > would be willing to do some bash completion magic for slackpkg
> > too?  :-)
>
> As neither Sergey, nor I actually use slackpkg, we made some
> investigations in how the slackpkg actually works and prepared
> initial completion script. You can find it here:
> https://github.com/GArik/bash-completion/raw/slackpkg/completions/slackpkg

Oooh, very nice - thanks, Igor.  I'm CC'ing PiterPUNK (author of
slackpkg) on this so that he can see too.

> Please test it thoroughly. Any comments and suggestions are welcome,
> especially regarding patterns magic: "FILE  is a file with a list of
> PATTERNs inside". May be you could show us some examples of right
> usage of slackpkgs options, so we'll have some test cases.

I don't think I'd worry too much about the FILE usage - I've never
used that, and I don't know anyone who has.  PiterPUNK, what's
your take on that?

I've got this installed now, so give me some time to play around
and we'll go from there.

-RW