[sbopkg-users] bash completion

Piter PUNK piterpunk at slackware.com
Fri Jan 21 04:07:42 UTC 2011

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011, Robby Workman wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 05:54:29 +0300
> Igor Murzov <igor at gplsoft.org> wrote:
>>
>> As neither Sergey, nor I actually use slackpkg, we made some
>> investigations in how the slackpkg actually works and prepared
>> initial completion script. You can find it here:
>> https://github.com/GArik/bash-completion/raw/slackpkg/completions/slackpkg

Very nice! I am very happy with that! Can I put it inside slackpkg
under "docs" directory? Or are you sending it to upstream?

>> Please test it thoroughly. Any comments and suggestions are welcome,
>> especially regarding patterns magic: "FILE  is a file with a list of
>> PATTERNs inside". May be you could show us some examples of right
>> usage of slackpkgs options, so we'll have some test cases.

You can create /some/path/to/FILE and, inside FILE put any acceptable
PATTERN there, separated by spaces:

root at kitt:~# cat /tmp/FILE
xorg glibc

If I run:

slackpkg reinstall /tmp/FILE

It will be the same of:

slackpkg reinstall xorg glibc d

Which will reinstall all packages with xorg[-something], glibc[-something]
and entire development (d) series.

This helps?

If needs anything else, feel free to contact me.

Piter PUNK