[sbopkg-users] Queue naming dialogue on exit

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Wed Jul 22 22:56:35 UTC 2009

* slakmagik <jsunx1 at bellsouth.net> [2009-07-22 18:33:31]:

> On 2009-07-22 (Wed) 22:56:37 [+0100], Pierre Cazenave wrote:
> > Evening all,
> >
> > I've noticed that if you try and exit sbopkg with an unsaved queue,
> > sbopkg prompts you to save it using a preset name (sbopkg-autosave-0).
> > If you delete this name and then select OK, sbopkg exits.
> >
> > Perhaps if it offered a warning saying "Your queue will be lost" with an
> > option to return and enter a name or continue exiting, or something
> > along those lines, that'd be helpful.
> >
> > Just a thought,
> >

> And a good one. I think it's a very simple change. If you're using the
> svn version, then change l.1668 from 'break' to 'continue'. I think it's
> l.1313 for 0.27.4.
>
> This should just cause it to present the dialog box again. If you really
> mean to exit then, you can hit cancel or escape or whatever.
>
> If that doesn't get the job done, we'll try something else, but I agree
> it shouldn't just exit.

I guess I'm not understanding the problem.  If there is a new queue, the
dialog box prompts the user to save and fills in a preset name.  If the
user does not want to save, the user can tab over to 'Cancel' and sbopkg
will quit.  There is no need to delete the name.  Or, if the user erases
the name and presses 'Ok' then that is the same effect as pressing
'Cancel' -- because no name is given.  Or, the user can keep the preset
name or change the name and press 'Ok' in which it will save.

--
Chess Griffin