[sbopkg-discuss] Helper script to test from SVN

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Sat Jan 24 14:18:22 UTC 2009

Hello folks -- there are lots of good improvements going into the sbopkg
SVN repository these days.  Many thanks to Mauro Giachero and slakmagik
for the assistance.

From time to time, folks have asked about how to use the SVN repository
to help test.  One way is to pull down the SVN repo based on the
instructions on the sbopkg googlecode page and run it from within the
directory.  Now, there is an easier way.

Slakmagik has contributed a little script that I have added to the
/tools directory in the sbopkg SVN repo.  This script will do any
combination of the following:  sync a copy of the sbopkg SVN mirror;
build a package from the SVN repo; or install the package built from the
SVN repo.  It's a pretty nifty script and works well.

You can download a copy directly from here:

http://sbopkg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/tools/sspm

Just save this file, make it executable, create a directory that you
want to hold the sbopkg SVN repo, edit the user-modifiable variables in
the sspm script and then run it with the -h to see the cli options.

Thanks to slakmagik for making this script available!  And if anyone
wanted to use this to help test what's going on in SVN, I would
/greatly/ appreciate it.  We have lots of good improvements going on and
I'd really like to get some more feedback before the next release.

Thanks!

--
Chess Griffin