[sbopkg-discuss] sbopkg 0.25 Problems

T2F bkirkp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 18:41:12 UTC 2009

I have a couple of bumps in my sbopkg road. Nothing of any major
importance, but I thought I should make them public.

First, I have been very happy with sbopkg, haven't used the build
queue yet, but I do like the ability to pass options to the build
script. I have found a problem with that though.

I was building ffmpeg, having typed the options:

AMRNB=yes  AMRWB=yes VERSION=20090121

But I made a typo, and wanted to go back & edit them. However, I could
not do it. The window would flash & then go back to the menu for
ffmpeg when I selected the "Options" menu item. I had to delete the
options.sbopkg file, then recreate it with the "Options" menu item.

My second problem also involved building ffmpeg. I wanted to buiild
ffmpeg with the most recent updates. There are instructions for doing
that in the ffmpeg README/SlackBuild. I followed those instructions &
put ffmpeg-20090121... in .../sbo/src. I set the above options, then
selected "Build". I selected "Build" from the Build/Build&Install
dialog box. I then got a "Use Options" dialog box & selected "yes". I
then got the following errors:

Building ffmpeg
Checking MD5SUM for ffmpeg-20081105.tar.bz2...
OK
Building Slackware package for ffmpeg...
tar: /mnt/hal/slack/sbo/12.2/multimedia/ffmpeg/
ffmpeg-20090121.tar.bz2: Cannot open: No such file or directory

PACKAGE BUILDING/INSTALLATION SUMMARY LOG
Using SlackBuilds.org 12.2 repository

ffmpeg:
Error occurred with build.  Please check the log.

Press any key to continue.

The only way I could get sbopkg to build this package was to provide a
link in $CWD to the new source. Once I did that, the package built
fine.

I want to crawl through the code to see how these miracles are
performed (I am always looking for hints/tips!), but have been
involved in a custom rsync script & every time I think I have it
right, I find another bug. Oh, well, it helps the time pass.
Regards,
Bill Kirkpatrick
"TSquaredF" on LQ