[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Feature request - show diffs

Phillip Warner phillip.c.warner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 15:05:14 UTC 2009

On 1/29/09, Chess Griffin <chess at chessgriffin.com> wrote:
> * shadowsnipes <phillip.c.warner at gmail.com> [2009-01-29 18:24:21]:
>

>> When you choose to build a package a dialog pops up if you have
>> customized the SlackBuild.  You are asked whether or not to use your
>> custom .SlackBuild file or the official repo file.  A good third
>> option would be to show a diff of the two (and then return back to
>> that dialog after done viewing).
>
> Not a bad idea.  I'll put this on the TODO.  :-)

Attached is a patch that implements this.  Note that you can define
the DIFF program to use and DIFFOPS (diff options).  DIFF is useful in
case, for instance, you want to use colordiff in the non-dialog
output.

When I get a chance I'll implement the diffs for the previous
SlackBuild versions as mentioned in the second part of the original
post.

--phillip