[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Feature request - show diffs

Mauro Giachero mauro.giachero at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 15:21:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Phillip Warner
<phillip.c.warner at gmail.com>wrote:

> > * shadowsnipes <phillip.c.warner at gmail.com> [2009-01-29 18:24:21]:
> >>
> >> When you choose to build a package a dialog pops up if you have
> >> customized the SlackBuild.  You are asked whether or not to use your
> >> custom .SlackBuild file or the official repo file.  A good third
> >> option would be to show a diff of the two (and then return back to
> >> that dialog after done viewing).
>
> Attached is a patch that implements this.  Note that you can define
> the DIFF program to use and DIFFOPS (diff options).  DIFF is useful in
> case, for instance, you want to use colordiff in the non-dialog
> output.
>
> When I get a chance I'll implement the diffs for the previous
> SlackBuild versions as mentioned in the second part of the original
> post.
>
> --phillip

Thank you, but I'm afraid that an implementation of this is has already been
done by Chess (see SVN revision 444, with some fixes till 449).

I see there are some differences between the two (at least the $DIFF and
$DIFFOPTS, but I don't know if there are others relevant). Would you mind to
apply your improvements on top of the current SVN head (function pick_file)?
This way it'll be far easier for us to merge it.

For the future, I recommend to grab the latest SVN revision to do
development. Sometimes there are big differences between the last stable
release and the SVN tip...

With best regards, and many thanks for your efforts in improving sbopkg
--
Mauro Giachero