[sbopkg-discuss] Re: odds and ends

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Wed Nov 12 02:24:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:57:27 -0500 (EST)
"Chess Griffin" <chess at chessgriffin.com> wrote:

> * Speaking of testing, please do let me know of any issues you
> encounter with the update list feature, such as missing or incorrect
> updates.  I greatly appreciate it when folks spot issues with the
> update list and report
> them.

We've basically standardized something that's probably relevant in this
regard: the VERSION in the build script and the VERSION in the *.info
file should be consistent in all future updates (same goes for the
PRGNAM variable in both places).

That's not something you can depend on *immediately* though - there are
probably quite a few in the repo which aren't consistent.  If you
happen to run across them, please push an update to us.

-RW