[sbopkg-discuss] Re: odds and ends

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Wed Nov 12 02:48:18 UTC 2008

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:57:27 -0500 (EST)
> "Chess Griffin" <chess at chessgriffin.com> wrote:
>
>> * Speaking of testing, please do let me know of any issues you
>> encounter with the update list feature, such as missing or incorrect
>> updates.  I greatly appreciate it when folks spot issues with the
>> update list and report
>> them.
>

> We've basically standardized something that's probably relevant in this
> regard: the VERSION in the build script and the VERSION in the *.info
> file should be consistent in all future updates (same goes for the
> PRGNAM variable in both places).

Nice, Robby!  I'm sure that's an important improvement for SlackBuilds.org
with the additional benefit of helping things vis-a-vis sbopkg.  I don't
suppose I could put in a request that ARCH and BUILD be added to the .info
file?  I suppose that would a bit hard to do at this point, though.  :-)

> That's not something you can depend on *immediately* though - there are
> probably quite a few in the repo which aren't consistent.  If you
> happen to run across them, please push an update to us.

Will do.  Thanks for the info, Robby.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Public Key:  0x0C7558C3