[sbopkg-users] Sbopkg Not Working Properly Here

Michiel van Wessem michiel.van.wessem at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 01:43:56 UTC 2015

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 12:02:23 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>    Here, that header file is located in:
> /usr/include/wx-3.0/wx/stc/stc.h

It's not sbopkg that fails here .. I think the failure if any is
nothing else then you making the assumption  that sbopkg will do
magic(tm) and are acting surprised when that is not the case.

you seem to be using a different version of wxPython (since the
version of slackbuilds.org uses /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/stc/stc.h), then
is supplied on slackbuilds.org. Sbopkg is just a tool that makes
things a little bit easier for the user. No Magic, just some clever
scripting.

SBopkg does give you the ability to edit the slackbuilds and as such
you could do the same thing as you have always done, edit the
slackbuild so it will find the correct libraries of any newer versions.
It should use your modified slackbuild then over the `stock one'. The
manpage and documentation should be able to help you out on this.

-M.
--
Michiel van Wessem
(http://michielvwessem.wordpress.com)

I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people.