[sbopkg-discuss] Re: sbopkg 0.25 Problems

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Mon Jan 26 20:16:38 UTC 2009

* T2F <bkirkp at gmail.com> [2009-01-26 10:41:12]:

> My second problem also involved building ffmpeg. I wanted to buiild
> ffmpeg with the most recent updates. There are instructions for doing
> that in the ffmpeg README/SlackBuild. I followed those instructions &
> put ffmpeg-20090121... in .../sbo/src. I set the above options, then
> selected "Build". I selected "Build" from the Build/Build&Install
> dialog box. I then got a "Use Options" dialog box & selected "yes". I
> then got the following errors:
>
> Building ffmpeg
> Checking MD5SUM for ffmpeg-20081105.tar.bz2...
> OK
> Building Slackware package for ffmpeg...
> tar: /mnt/hal/slack/sbo/12.2/multimedia/ffmpeg/
> ffmpeg-20090121.tar.bz2: Cannot open: No such file or directory

This actually presents a couple of problems.  Sbopkg parses the .info
file for the Download link and the MD5SUM.  If the source is already in
the SRCDIR, then it won't try to download again, but it still has to
look to the .info file to figure out what the source tarball is called.
In this case, the source tarball is ffmpeg-20081105.tar.bz2.  On top of
that, the MD5SUM in the .info file is the MD5SUM for the 20081105
tarball.  You can probably see how the error occurred.

The 'workaround' here is to do what sbopkg allows you to do already:
modify the .info file.  This feature is there for exactly this reason.
Just go into the 'Custom' menu the ffmpeg menu, and edit a local .info
file.  Replace VERSION= with VERSION=20090121, make a similar change of
date to the DOWNLOAD link, and also change the MD5SUM to the md5 of the
new 2009 tarball.

Let me know if any of this doesn't make any sense.  :-)

--
Chess Griffin