[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Sbopkg 0.25.0 released

alkos333 alkos333 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 09:01:55 UTC 2009

Very nice fixes and additions.  Thank you for your time and effort.  I
do have a few suggestions and will be more than happy to help
implementing them if we come to consensus.

In the queue management dialog, when one of the items is deselected,
it's removed, which to me is somewhat counter-intuitive.  What if some
of the dependencies have already been installed and the admin wants to
deselect them?  I thought that by deselecting an item in the queue,
the ON flag would be changed to OFF when saved to a file.  I think it
would be better if one could temporarily deselect items from the queue
by unchecking them and if they wanted to remove them entirely, they
could just select <Delete> on the bottom ?  For example, take ardour,
boost and libgnomecanvas are some of the numerous dependencies for it,
but I already have them installed.  I added them to the queue because
I'd like to save a complete queue to the file for the future use, but
I'd like to exclude certain items the build process because I don't
want to wait for them to compile.

Also, may I suggest using ADD and SKP keys (just like in Slackware tag
files) just in case somebody decides to somehow manipulate the saved
queues to combine tagfiles or something.  Who knows...