[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Terminals needing refreshing to see sbopkg

Mauro Giachero mauro.giachero at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 10:10:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Phillip Warner
<phillip.c.warner at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 2/11/09, Mauro Giachero <mauro.giachero at gmail.com> wrote:
> > After a bit of googling I found [1], and I verified that sending a
> SIGWINCH
> > to the dialog process makes the dialog appear.
> > I'm not sure whether working around it on the sbopkg side is feasible,
> > though.
> I just tested this and I think that this could be done in sbopkg if
> the 'dialog --clear' statements do not work.
>
> For example, something like this may work.
>  exec dialog_process &
>  dpid=$!
>  .
>  .
>  .
>  kill -SIGWINCH $dpid
>
> --phillip

Of course, but that would clutter the code really too much!
What if, instead, you use the attached script to start sbopkg? Quickly
tested here in aterm, and seems to work.
(I agree that's dirty and suboptimal, but makes sbopkg usable in aterm and I
don't see huge downsides...)

--
Mauro Giachero