[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Terminals needing refreshing to see sbopkg

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Tue Feb 17 02:38:39 UTC 2009

> The code does not work well for me.  Instead it actually creates a
> memory sink hole and the excessive grepping hogs the CPU (bogging down
> my poor PII).  I recommend taking it out of SVN.
>
> Perhaps instead a trap can be used to manually call a refresh.  The
> user presses CTRL+l (lower 'L) and the screen refreshes then.
>
> As an alternative, a wrapper could be written for all of the dialog
> commands.  That way the code can still be clean, but the wrapper will
> manually cause a refresh.
>
> --phillip

Phillip, thanks for your posts.  I am currently traveling and will be out
of pocket for a solid day but should be back around on Wed.  In the
meantime, I am sure Mauro will respond to this issue.  Perhaps turning it
back into a simple wrapper is the way to go.

Thanks again for all the testing and feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

--
Chess Griffin