[sbopkg-discuss] Re: source?

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Mon Feb 2 03:47:26 UTC 2009

* Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> [2009-02-01 19:17:44]:

> On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 16:25:54 -0800 (PST)
> "dchmelik at gmail.com" <dchmelik at hipplanet.com> wrote:
>
> > I have used Slackware since 1997-'8, and I recently downloaded sbopkg
> > 'source,' which seems to just be a binary and docs.  Now I mostly us
> > Slamd64; I would like the source to compile on it: sbopkg often stops
> > for a long time, and I know not if it needs a port or if it just does
> > too much network connecting.
>

> If you open that "binary" up with a text editor, you'll notice that
> it's actually a script.  There's your source :-)

Yep, like Robby said, sbopkg is simply a shell script.  The tarball
contains this script, a configuration file, some docs, and two man
pages.  There is nothing to compile.  In fact, the package I provide
should work just fine on Slamd64 (notice the 'noarch' in the package
name).  However, it might be pointless since sbopkg is intended to be
used with SlackBuilds.org, and SlackBuilds.org does not officially
support Slamd64.  Still, sbopkg does have the capability to work with a
custom local non-Slackbuilds.org repository as long as it is set up in a
similar style to the SlackBuilds.org repo.

Thanks!

--
Chess Griffin