[sbopkg-discuss] Re: spam to the list

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Tue Sep 9 15:43:45 UTC 2008

Bob Lounsbury wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 7:13 PM, cRaig Forrester <treehead at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> My vote is don't saddle yourself with the need to moderate unless it's
>> more work to delete the SPAM, because the SPAM will most-likely go
>> away.  Then again, if you foresee the list as being mostly
>> announcements, it may not be such a headache.  If were me, I'd just
>> whine to Google on the Google Groups list.
>>
>> cRaig
>>
>> cRaig Forrester
>> treehead at gmail.com
>>
>> "The ignorance of how to use new knowledge stockpiles exponentially."
>> --Marshall McLuhan
>>
>> EOM
>>

> Agreed. Gmail recognized those messages as spam, I noticed when I went
> to delete spam messages. So, no big deal for me, I guess since I'm
> using Gmail.
>
> Cheers,
> /Bob

Craig and Bob,

Thanks for your thoughts.  I see that two more spam messages just hit
the list, but hopefully most people's spam filters (Gmail's or
otherwise) will filter those out.  If it gets really, really bad, then
perhaps I'll set the moderation for new members only as a starting point.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Key:  0x0C7558C3