[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Sbopkg article on Linux.com

Nenad Spirkoski nenad.spirkoski at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:10:32 UTC 2008

> I'm glad you like the article. I'm expecting the vi lovers to rip me
> in the comments for using Emacs. :-D

Vi(m) rules! :)

FTA:
Adding export EDITOR='emacs -nw' to the .bashrc file for the root user
changed sbopkg's behavior, though I would prefer that the $editor
variable be set in /etc/sbopkg/sbopkg.conf rather than relying on a
system-wide set

from ##slackware, no hard feelings (you weren't there, so a little
"bashing" is normal)
[17:00] <The-spiki> ... yes, the article about sbopkg is written
properly... ONE remark only
[17:00] <The-spiki> _chess_: you may tell that guy that export
EDITOR=emacs in sbopkg.conf IS working (ofcourse :)
[17:01] <The-spiki> for some reason he seems to think that it's not
good for "application" to comply with the default environment (which
is wrong)
[17:01] <The-spiki> and he thinks that exporting EDITOR in sbopkg.conf
ain't gonna work (which is also wrong)
[17:02] <_chess_> The-spiki: yes, you are correct.  I figure that
might get hashed out in the comments
[17:03] <The-spiki> well, i suppose responding to the email he sent to
the sbo maillist would be the best :) ain't shure he will read the
comments

--
http://www.spiki.be

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt