[sbopkg-discuss] Suggestion: Automatic Rebuild of Installed Packages

samac cotterochan at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 4 19:21:04 UTC 2008

Hi

I don't know if this would be possible, or even desirable, but as
Slackware 12.2 is on the horizon it might be worth thinking about.

My thoughts are that once Slackware has been updated to 12.2, I will
have to re-build all the slackbuild packages that I have installed, so
that they take advantage of the newly installed versions. Could this
be automated by having a menu entry similar to "List installed Sbo
packages", where it lists all the packages installed and pipes it to
the build script, then once all the packages are built, has an option
to install.

I know that I could do all of this one item at a time, but I am
essentially a lazy person, and as sbopkg has made administrating
slackbuilds so easy, I was hoping that this might be a worthwhile
improvement.

Regards

samac