[sbopkg-discuss] Re: Suggestion: Automatic Rebuild of Installed Packages

Nenad Spirkoski nenad.spirkoski at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 01:34:25 UTC 2008

>> Interesting thought.  I'll have to test that out.  Can you think of a
>> case where this may not work?

> Answering myself...
>
> I guess one potential problem could be where a build dep for an
> application was later rebuilt and reinstalled by the user _after_ the
> application software for which it is a dependency was installed.  Like
> maybe for a library version bump.  The output above wouldn't know that,
> and would build the application before the dependency.

You are of course right about this scenario... Don't remember having
issues because of that kind of problem though.

OTOH, I'm basicaly doing it ~ this way on few computers i regulary use
(4 laptops and 2 desktops :)

(I actually prune the list, excluding some packages and for some
packages I install the previously builded package from another
computer...)

spiki at linette ~ $ ls /var/log/packages/*SBo | wc -l
317

--
http://www.spiki.be

I sell frozen yogurt which i call frogurt