[sbopkg-users] master branch for current

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Wed Jan 27 14:43:07 UTC 2016

> Willy, the doc at
> https://github.com/Ponce/slackbuilds/wiki/configuring-the-current-repository-with-sbopkg
> says to have the following in sbopkg.conf:
>
> |REPO_BRANCH=${REPO_BRANCH:-current}|
>
> |REPO_NAME=${REPO_NAME:-SBo-git}

The wiki applies to Ponce's current branch, not SBo's master branch

> |According to what I'm gleaning from you above, I've got this in
> sbopkg.conf:
> |

> |REPO_BRANCH=${REPO_BRANCH:-master}
> REPO_NAME=${REPO_NAME:-SBo}
>
> and this is what I have in /usr/bin/sqg, since I have no need to
> override anything in sbopkg.conf:
>
> #QUEUEDIR=${QUEUEDIR:-/var/lib/sbopkg/queues}
> #REPO_ROOT=${REPO_ROOT:-/var/lib/sbopkg}
> #REPO_NAME=${REPO_NAME:-SBo}
> #REPO_BRANCH=${REPO_BRANCH:-master}
> #SKIP_EMPTY=${SKIP_EMPTY:-NO}

you don't have to change anything in sqg since it detects whether you
are taking 14.1 repository or GIT repository

This is the code snippet
if [ -d $REPO_ROOT/$REPO_NAME/.git ]; then
    REPO_SUBPATH=$REPO_NAME
else
    REPO_SUBPATH=$REPO_NAME/$REPO_BRANCH
fi

> sqg -a yields the following for me:
>
> #  ls /var/lib/sbopkg/queues |wc -l
> 2588
>

> That's much less than the 5,700 mentioned by JCA in his earlier post.
> Other than the low count of queue files, does everything else appear
> correct?

5700+ is the number of scripts available in SBo and the queue files are
not that much since some scripts do not have dependencies, thus no queue
file is generated for that particular script when you run sqg -a.

ll /var/lib/sbopkg/queues/ | wc -l
2599

> Also, as a second question, moving forward in a rolling -current, will I
> be looking to switch the repo name and branch to what the doc in the
> link above says? i.e.,
>
> |REPO_BRANCH=${REPO_BRANCH:-current}|
>
> |REPO_NAME=${REPO_NAME:-SBo-git}

the only change is from 14.1 to master and that's it. No other changes
are required to use SBo's master branch.
When 14.2 repository gets released, simply change it back to 14.2 and
re-run sbopkg -r.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo