[sbopkg-users] master branch for current

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Wed Jan 27 10:19:11 UTC 2016

On 1/16/2016 8:32 PM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just now, current-wip branch has been merged into master, which means,
> you can help testing against current (soon to be called 14.2) by using
> sbopkg and change the repository into SBo's master GIT branch
>
> You need to open /etc/sbopkg/sbopkg.conf and change
> REPO_BRANCH=${REPO_BRANCH:-14.1}
> into
> REPO_BRANCH=${REPO_BRANCH:-master}

Willy, the doc at
https://github.com/Ponce/slackbuilds/wiki/configuring-the-current-repository-with-sbopkg
says to have the following in sbopkg.conf:

|REPO_BRANCH=${REPO_BRANCH:-current}|

|REPO_NAME=${REPO_NAME:-SBo-git}
|

|According to what I'm gleaning from you above, I've got this in
sbopkg.conf:

|REPO_BRANCH=${REPO_BRANCH:-master}
REPO_NAME=${REPO_NAME:-SBo}

and this is what I have in /usr/bin/sqg, since I have no need to
override anything in sbopkg.conf:

#QUEUEDIR=${QUEUEDIR:-/var/lib/sbopkg/queues}
#REPO_ROOT=${REPO_ROOT:-/var/lib/sbopkg}
#REPO_NAME=${REPO_NAME:-SBo}
#REPO_BRANCH=${REPO_BRANCH:-master}
#SKIP_EMPTY=${SKIP_EMPTY:-NO}

> and run sbopkg -r

and I get this, which looks good to me:

# sbopkg -r
Syncing with the remote repository into /var/lib/sbopkg/SBo.
 From git://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds
  * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up-to-date.
HEAD is now at 314148f network/chromium: Updated for version 48.0.2564.82.

Repository update complete.

> it will checkout the whole SBo GIT repository and replace the 14.1
> repository.
>
> Since there has been many changes in the previous current-wip branch due
> to changes in core Slackware packages, it's recommended to run sqg -a to
> update all local queues to reflect dependencies changes in the master
> branch.

sqg -a yields the following for me:

#  ls /var/lib/sbopkg/queues |wc -l
2588

That's much less than the 5,700 mentioned by JCA in his earlier post.
Other than the low count of queue files, does everything else appear
correct?

Also, as a second question, moving forward in a rolling -current, will I
be looking to switch the repo name and branch to what the doc in the
link above says? i.e.,

|REPO_BRANCH=${REPO_BRANCH:-current}|

|REPO_NAME=${REPO_NAME:-SBo-git}
|

|Thanks!