[sbopkg-users] Synchronizing queues

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 17:08:32 UTC 2016

I have two different systems, A and B, running Slackware 14.1. Every
so often I use sbopkg to synchronize things with slackbuilds in A and
B. This seems to work fine. After that, for each system I rename my
existing /var/lib/sbopkg/queues directory as
/var/lib/sbopkg/queues.old, and create a new queues directory in the
same location. I then cd into this queues directory and invoke 'sqg
-a'.

When, after a while, this command finishes in A, the number of .sqf
files in queues is over 5,700. In B, 'sqg -a' completes significantly
faster - but the number of .sqf files is only about 2,500.

Anybody has an inkling about the reasons behind this discrepancy? For
all I know, both A and B have been configured identically, as far as
sbopkg is concerned. B seems to be the defective one, for it obviously
lacks .sqf files corresponding to packages available in slackbuilds -
e.g. tor.sqf and tor-browser.sqf are missing in B. But I can't fathom
why. Any feedback on how to tackle this issue would be most welcome.