[sbopkg-users] Faulty Source Downloads

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 02:39:05 UTC 2014

On 02/07/2014 01:31 PM, Chess Griffin wrote:
> I have not seen this recently, but in the past some of source downloads
> have had issues because of wonky redirects, or spaces in filenames, or
> stupid things like that.
>
> Can you provide one or two examples of ones that have not worked for you?
>
> Thanks!

I think I see what happened.  The file that is named for the pygame
source file is actually a "welcome" screen from one of the libraries I
frequent, spelling out its rules for use of its wireless services.  It
usually appears the first time I try to use a web browser to visit a
site.  Does sbopkg use HTTP to download files?  It appears so, and that
it accepts the library's initial page as the file it requested.  I
suppose most of you use sbopkg from home and don't run into this.

As a workaround, I'll try to remember to use a web browser before
running sbopkg, thereby loading the initial library page in the web
browser rather than letting sbopkg read it.
--

                                Chick