[sbopkg-users] Faulty Source Downloads

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 18:50:04 UTC 2014

On 02/07/2014 01:31 PM, Chess Griffin wrote:
> On 07.02.2014 13:04, Chick Tower wrote:
>> On a few occasions, I've run sbopkg and found out that what it
>> downloaded as the source file is actually some kind of HTML file,
>> compressed.  The compilation fails on the MD% sum check, of course.
>> The links on slackbuilds.org seem fine.  This seemed to have begun
>> when I upgraded to version 0.37.0.  Has anyone else run into this
>> problem?
>
> I have not seen this recently, but in the past some of source downloads
> have had issues because of wonky redirects, or spaces in filenames, or
> stupid things like that.
>
> Can you provide one or two examples of ones that have not worked for you?
>
> Thanks!

I think there have been others, but I don't recall them now.  I know my
downloads of pygame and libofx are the wrong files.  They both have
dates of 13Jan2014 in /var/cache/sbopkg.  If you like, I can attach them
to an e-mail to you.

I just now downloaded libofx by clicking on the link on its
slackbuilds.org page.  I haven't tried compiling it again, but it's
1.5MB in size now, rather than the 6+KB it was.

Thanks for the quick response!
--

                                Chick