[sbopkg-users] Apparently Missing file in Gnucash 2.4.11 build (Slack 14.0)

james&helen jh-gilmour at bigpond.com
Thu Feb 28 05:43:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:16:46 +1200
james&helen <jh-gilmour at bigpond.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:05:06 -0500
> Chess Griffin <chess at chessgriffin.com> wrote:
>
> > * james&helen <jh-gilmour at bigpond.com> [2013-02-25 17:43:57]:
> >

> > In the future, please start a new post instead of changing the topic
> > of another thread.

     Oops, I'm still learning the protocol.

> > >   I'm trying to install Gnucash from Sbopkg;all seems to go well
> > > until almost the last line when I get a fault message:-
> > >  "'/usr/lib/libgnome-keyring.1a' not found" with the offer to
> > > proceed with the usual accompanying warning about future
> > > dependency. Linux Questions couldn't help and I couldn't find
> > > anything like it in Slackbuilds.
> > >
> > >       Can the experts throw any light in this direction? I'd be
> > >       grateful.
> >
> > How familiar are you with building packages from SlackBuilds.org?
> > Sbopkg is a 'front-end' to SlackBuilds.org so you should be familiar
> > with how those scripts are used before using sbopkg.  This mentioned
> > at the very top of the Instructions section of this sbopkg(8) man
> > page.

    I've done a few 'simpler' packages,before I discovered sbopkg.

> > SlackBuilds.org and sbopkg do not figure out all the dependencies
> > for you.  The SlackBuild script lists some of the required
> > dependencies in the REQUIRES= line in the .info file, but you need
> > to then figure out the dependencies of each of those and put them
> > in the right order in order to successfully build a particular
> > package.

    Yes, I understand the ramifications.

> > However, sbopkg also has the ability to load and save queuefiles,
> > which are simple text files listing dependencies in the right order.
> > You can load up the queuefile and then start the build.
> >
> > There is a user-contributed git repo of sbopkg queuefiles that have
> > the dependencies listed in the right order:
> >
> > http://gitorious.org/sbopkg-slackware-queues

    Thanks for that pointer;I've just had a look at the site.

> > We are also in the process of releasing an sbopkg helper script that
> > will create queuefiles for you with all the recursively-listed
> > dependencies for a particlar package.  We're still testing it but
> > look for it to land in the sbopkg subversion repository soon.  I'm
> > sure we'll announce something here on the list as well.

    	I'll be on the lookout for that, as well.

> > In the meantime, here is the list of deps in build order for gnucash
> > that this script just came up with on my system.  Please compare it
> > to your own list of dependencies and let me know how it matches up.
> >
> > goffice
> > libgnomecanvas
> > ORBit2
> > libbonobo
> > gnome-mime-data
> > gnome-vfs
> > libgnome
> > libbonoboui
> > libgnomeui
> > libgnomecups
> > libgnomeprint
> > libgnomeprintui
> > gtkhtml
> > libofx
> > slib
> > gnucash
> >
> > Hope this helps.

    Thanks Chess,
    Now here is the interesting bit; I successfully installed 'gnucash
    2.4.5' with sbopkg a couple of years ago, I think with Slack 13.37.
    I did manage to get the dependency ducks 'in a row' and all was
    well.
    I'm trying to upgrade to 2.4.11 and my list agrees with yours with
    the exceptions that ORBit2 seemed to have dropped off my installed
    package list.
    I reinstalled that and tried again and got the same
    error message about 'gnome-keyring' missing. I rechecked with
    2.4.5;it's definitely listed as a dependency there.
    I do have a copy of the last page of the 2.4.11 installation
     attempt description if it's of any use.

--
James Gilmour