[sbopkg-users] Apparently Missing file in Gnucash 2.4.11 build (Slack 14.0)

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Mon Feb 25 16:05:06 UTC 2013

* james&helen <jh-gilmour at bigpond.com> [2013-02-25 17:43:57]:

>  First,my apologies for gatecrashing;if, in fact, this is what I'm
>  doing?

In the future, please start a new post instead of changing the topic of
another thread.

>   I'm trying to install Gnucash from Sbopkg;all seems to go well until
>   almost the last line when I get a fault message:-
>  "'/usr/lib/libgnome-keyring.1a' not found" with the offer to proceed
>  with the usual accompanying warning about future dependency.
> 	Linux Questions couldn't help and I couldn't find anything
> 	like it in Slackbuilds.
>
>       Can the experts throw any light in this direction? I'd be
>       grateful.

How familiar are you with building packages from SlackBuilds.org?
Sbopkg is a 'front-end' to SlackBuilds.org so you should be familiar
with how those scripts are used before using sbopkg.  This mentioned at
the very top of the Instructions section of this sbopkg(8) man page.

SlackBuilds.org and sbopkg do not figure out all the dependencies for
you.  The SlackBuild script lists some of the required dependencies in
the REQUIRES= line in the .info file, but you need to then figure out
the dependencies of each of those and put them in the right order in
order to successfully build a particular package.

However, sbopkg also has the ability to load and save queuefiles, which
are simple text files listing dependencies in the right order.  You can
load up the queuefile and then start the build.

There is a user-contributed git repo of sbopkg queuefiles that have the
dependencies listed in the right order:

http://gitorious.org/sbopkg-slackware-queues

We are also in the process of releasing an sbopkg helper script that
will create queuefiles for you with all the recursively-listed
dependencies for a particlar package.  We're still testing it but look
for it to land in the sbopkg subversion repository soon.  I'm sure we'll
announce something here on the list as well.

In the meantime, here is the list of deps in build order for gnucash
that this script just came up with on my system.  Please compare it to
your own list of dependencies and let me know how it matches up.

goffice
libgnomecanvas
ORBit2
libbonobo