[sbopkg-users] sbopkg hardcoded nice

Joni Martikainen joni at shade-fx.com
Thu May 19 13:11:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

I was asking on irc channel that why sbopkg run every build process
niced and someone pointed me to raise discussion on mailing list about
this issue.

So is the reason to run everything niced to maintain better
responsiveness during build process? I found this thing a bit annoying
because if nice is hard coded like it is, it is pretty much impossible
to make builds be done just nice level 0.
Sometimes person might want to run build process at normal priority
level and it is now impossible.

I think that would be better to keep sbopkg priority untouched and allow
the user set the nice if he feels so. Current behaviour can be reached
just by running whole sbopkg niced. The best solution could be to make
nice value configurable in sbopkg.conf

Regards,

Joni