[sbopkg-users] Problems in 0.30.1 and 0.31.0

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Mon Nov 2 23:09:00 UTC 2009

* James&Helen <jhgilmour at own.net.au> [2009-11-03 09:43:03]:

> Hi,  I'm piggybacking on this post to register a problem I'm having
> with sbopkg; the details are at the bottom of your post to RW.
>
> I downloaded and installed 0.31.0 yesterday and tried to use it to
> download a package.
> The following text is a copy from a terminal of my attempt to build
> something. I had virtually the same problem with Open Office
> previously using 0.30.1. I finally downloaded OO directly from
> Slackbuild. I am using slack 13.0.
> Can you help?
>
> Building gtypist
>
> gtypist:
> --2009-11-02 21:46:22--  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gtypist/gtypist-2.8.3.tar.gz
>           => `gtypist-2.8.3.tar.gz'
> Resolving ftp.gnu.org... failed: Connection timed out.
> wget: unable to resolve host address `ftp.gnu.org'
>
> gtypist:
> Would you like to continue processing the rest of the
> build queue or would you like to abort?  If this failed
> package is a dependency of another package in the queue
> then it may not make sense to continue.
>
> Press (Y)es to continue, (N)o to abort, (R)etry to try
> to build the package again.
>
> Kind Regards,
> James Gilmour (member, MelbPC Usergoup)

I just built gtypist with no problems using sbopkg 0.31.0 on a stock
Slackware 13.0 64 bit install.

It seems to me your issue is not sbopkg-related:

> Resolving ftp.gnu.org... failed: Connection timed out.
> wget: unable to resolve host address `ftp.gnu.org'

Your connection is timing out, perhaps due to a DNS issue or a corporate
firewall or proxy.  I think wget has trouble with things like that.  You
can try increasing the timeout number in WGETFLAGS in sbopkg.conf.  Some
users have reported success bumping that up to 30 seconds or so.

Try testing this out:

Go into /var/lib/sbopkg/SBo/13.0/academic/gtypist

And then as root do this:

. *.info && wget $DOWNLOAD

Pls post back whether that works or not.

--
Chess Griffin