[sbopkg-users] Problems in 0.30.1 and 0.31.0

James&Helen jhgilmour at own.net.au
Mon Nov 2 22:43:03 UTC 2009

Hi,  I'm piggybacking on this post to register a problem I'm having with
sbopkg; the details are at the bottom of your post to RW.
Chess Griffin wrote:
> * Robby Workman <rw at rlworkman.net> [2009-10-16 17:49:51]:
>

>> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:45:47 -0400
>> Chess Griffin <chess at chessgriffin.com> wrote:
>>

> Well, thanks, Robby.  Although I can only deduce from your kind
> statement that you have not looked at the code -- at least the bits I
> have contributed, as they most certainly do not live up to that
> assumption.  :-)

I downloaded and installed 0.31.0 yesterday and tried to use it to
download a package.
The following text is a copy from a terminal of my attempt to build
something. I had virtually the same problem with Open Office previously
using 0.30.1. I finally downloaded OO directly from Slackbuild. I am
using slack 13.0.
Can you help?

Building gtypist

gtypist:
--2009-11-02 21:46:22--  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gtypist/gtypist-2.8.3.tar.gz
           => `gtypist-2.8.3.tar.gz'
Resolving ftp.gnu.org... failed: Connection timed out.
wget: unable to resolve host address `ftp.gnu.org'

gtypist:
Would you like to continue processing the rest of the
build queue or would you like to abort?  If this failed
package is a dependency of another package in the queue
then it may not make sense to continue.

Press (Y)es to continue, (N)o to abort, (R)etry to try
to build the package again.

Kind Regards,
James Gilmour (member, MelbPC Usergoup)