[sbopkg-users] Feature proposal

Mauro Giachero mauro.giachero at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 21:08:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Robby Workman <rw at rlworkman.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 05:52:43 -0500 alkos333 <me at alkos333.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:10 AM, Mauro Giachero wrote:
> > > Anyway, why a single queue? I think storing one queue per
> > > (relevant) package would be far more flexible, given that sbopkg
> > > makes loading and merging multiple queue files really easy. And of
> > > course, somebody could also build up a queue archive.
> >
> > I know it' snot as easy as it looks, but it's doable.  One file
> > because I don't have to worry about merging them and running several
> > files.  I can just load one and tell it to run through the entire
> > thing.  Works like a charm here :)
>
> Maybe I'm not fully understanding the goal here, but what if sbopkg
> were able to treat a queue as a package?  IOW, you would be able to do
> something like this:
>
> queue_all=queue1,queue2,queue3,...

Being able to do this kind of thing has puzzled me for some time (despite me
being probably the only sbopkg user not using saved queues).
The problematic side here is being able to actually manage (e.g. create)
such queue. sbopkg code assumes that a queue is a flat list of packages, and
changing it to manage a nested structure is far from easy :-/.

--
Mauro Giachero