[sbopkg-users] sbopkg 0.38.2 Released

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at sbopkg.org
Fri Mar 11 07:19:57 UTC 2022

> first, thanks for your good work developing and maintaining sbopkg. Also
> thanks to the contributors. I use it almost exclusively when handling
> SBo packages.
> I think you should have bumped the version number, as I've been using
> the pre-release version, as have some others, and it's confusing that
> the release has the same version and build number and therefore file
> name, but not the same contents.
> Given, there is only one line that _functionally_ changed [1], but
> still. The man page updates are important too.
> Also, the NEWS.tmp file probably shouldn't be in there and the
> placeholders at the top of NEWS should obviously have been filled in.

Hi Johannes

I think i still have some issues with my release script for sbopkg.
Hopefully it should be fixed in the future releases. I fixed some issues
found in past releases, but that .tmp part slip by. Thanks for noticing
that.

About the version number, i was planning to stay at 0.38.2, but then i
realized some people were asking for a test release for future sbopkg so
i provided the package without changing the VERSION because that was the
originally planned version number. Sorry if that confused you (and maybe
others).

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo