[sbopkg-users] sbopkg issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 21 18:57:13 UTC 2020

On Thu, 21 May 2020, B Watson wrote:

> If the script maintainer applied a patch that fixes a security
> vulnerability, for instance. Or just a bugfix for a bug that you don't
> happen to have bitten by yet.

B.

This makes sense. My experiences have been that such adjustments by the
application developer results in a sub-minor version change. GnuCash did
this recently when some bug fixes broke the Windows version (they added a
fourth digit to the verson number), then fixed all the issues and released a
new minor version, dropping the last digit.

> The person who changed that build number thought it was important enough
> to go to the trouble of changing it... probably worth at least reading the
> commit message to see what the change was for.

Good advice.

Thanks,

Rich