[sbopkg-users] Using sbopkg with Slackbuilds that pull tarballs from Github, Sourcehut, etc.

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at sbopkg.org
Tue Jun 9 21:35:10 UTC 2020

> Hi. I'm trying to test a new slackbuild using my local sbopkg
> repository and running into a build failure. I think I know why it's
> happening, but I'm trying to figure out how best to ensure it doesn't
> happen before I submit my build to slackbuilds.org.
>
> My slackbuild gets its source from a Sourcehut release
> tarball located at
> <https://git.sr.ht/~julienxx/castor/archive/0.8.14.tar.gz>. While
> clicking the link to the tarball on
> <https://git.sr.ht/~julienxx/castor/refs/0.8.14> results in Firefox
> downloading "castor-0.8.14.tar.gz", hitting the URL with wget results
> in a download of "0.8.14.tar.gz", which causes the slackbuild to fail
> because it's expecting "castor-0.8.14.tar.gz".
>
> Is this a problem I can safely resolve by adding "-o
> ${NAME}-${VERSION}.tar.gz" to WGETFLAGS in sbopkg.conf, or is there a
> better way to go about ensuring that the source file gets downloaded
> ${NAME}-${VERSION}.tar.gz?
>
> Is this even something I should be worrying about when prepping a new
> slackbuild for submission to slackbuilds.org?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> PS: I can provide a tarball for my castor slackbuild on request.
> Likewise for my sbopkg.conf. I just didn't want my first post to the
> list to contain unsolicited attachments.

if you can mirror it on github (assuming you are using castor as project
name and matthew as username), and then you can put it something like
https://github.com/matthew/castor/archive/0.8.14/castor-0.8.14.tar.gz

another way is modifying the SlackBuild to look for 2 tarball names
possibilities like B. Watson said.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo