[sbopkg-users] sbopkg attempting to install packages already present

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at sbopkg.org
Thu May 9 01:00:34 UTC 2019

> In a different 14.2 VM I went through the steps with keepassxc first,
> then wireshark. I first did
>
> # sbopkg -k -i keepassxc.sqf
>
> This updated all the packages, as above, and then built keepassxc, as
> expected. I then tried with wireshark. The version of wireshark that I
> have installed in that system is 2.0.5, while the current one in
> Slackbuilds is 3.0.1. I therefore did
>
> # sbopkg -k -i wireshark.sqf
> No valid packages found. Exiting.
>
> I don't understand why sbopkg returns that diagnostic. I then tried
>
> # sbopkg -i wireshark.sqf
>
> This tries to update all those packages that were already updated when I
> built keepassxc.
>
> Now if I remove the existing wireshark package first, and then do
>
> # sbopkg -k -i wireshark.sqf
>
> then things work as expected, in that sbopkg will not try to update all
> those wireshark dependencies, instead just downloading and building
> wireshark.
>
> Is this the way sbopkg was designed to operate?

First, you don't run .sqf file. You just need to mention the package
name, in this case it would be wireshark

secondly, -k implies the package you want to install as well, so if you
already have that package installed, it won't build and install it again
for you. Basically -k means skipped any packages installed on your
machine, including an old one.

If you want to build the wireshark package only, just run sbopkg -i
wireshark and pick "P" (package) instead of queue. This way, you will
build and install wireshark package only.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo