[sbopkg-users] Some duunos / Suggestions

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at sbopkg.org
Fri Jun 23 20:43:05 UTC 2017

> 1 - Why don't resolve dependencies ? . I am trying from two days ago
> resolve the dependencies of clamtk . but have a lot (i mean the
> dependencies of dependencies of perl dependencies)

we do have sqg which is queue generator.
You can use this tool to generate queue file which contains all the
necessary dependencies for a certain script.
You can run sqg -a to generate queue files for all scripts or use sqg -p
<package> for spesific package.

The queue is stored in /var/lib/sbopkg/queues by default and then you
can use sbopkg -i <package> and select Queue to install all the deps.

> 2 - The Configuration file, why not have to set "Optimization Flags" ? like
>
> -O2 , march=native , mtype=native , pipe
>
> and set flag for make like "-j3" (to sbopkg run) = make -j3 when need
> compile the source code
>
> Similar to gentoo file -> /etc/portage/make.conf
>
> Like its explained on Gentoo Wiki ->
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GCC_optimization#What_are_CFLAGS_and_CXXFLAGS.3F

That's set in the SlackBuild script, not in sbopkg.
However, we can override it using export MAKEFLAGS="-j 3" in our
environment before running sbopkg.

> 3 - i think when the sbo package have the two things i mention before
> can have a GUI. my suggestions for that is, easy like Synaptic, but
> optimal performance and high speed like pacman

You can have a look on sbopkg gui
http://gernot-walzl.at/index.php?nav=.%2FSlackware%2Fsbopkg_gui

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo