[sbopkg-users] Some duunos / Suggestions

Inu Kaze inukaze at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 11 21:12:53 UTC 2017

Hi there, i really dont wanna suscribe to mailing list

I am using Slackware64 14.2 (the last week i am gentoo user, but right
now i am Slackaware64 user)  and i installed each package manager i see,
trying to find some with

1 - Ease Usage

2 - A simple configuration file inside the /etc folder

3 - Dependencies Solver

4 - Download and Compile Sources Codes

5 - Have a Graphical Port.

i just want to know about the follow things with sbopkg.

1 - Why don't resolve dependencies ? . I am trying from two days ago
resolve the dependencies of clamtk . but have a lot (i mean the
dependencies of dependencies of perl dependencies)

This must be a fundamental, because solve by hand can be confuse for
end-users

2 - The Configuration file, why not have to set "Optimization Flags" ? like

-O2 , march=native , mtype=native , pipe

and set flag for make like "-j3" (to sbopkg run) = make -j3 when need
compile the source code

Similar to gentoo file -> /etc/portage/make.conf

Like its explained on Gentoo Wiki ->
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GCC_optimization#What_are_CFLAGS_and_CXXFLAGS.3F

3 - i think when the sbo package have the two things i mention before
can have a GUI. my suggestions for that is, easy like Synaptic, but
optimal performance and high speed like pacman

4 - Well i am not developers, i can't send you nothing about sources
code of my ideas, because i don't know how to implement on the sources
of sbopkg

But i really feel the dependencies solver its crucial for package
manager. becuase make more ease the installations of package with a lot
of dependencies.