[sbopkg-users] sbopkg in use from another machine

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Sun Nov 22 00:25:38 UTC 2015

On 11/21/2015 11:27 AM, M Wedin wrote:
> I work on my machines from where I am at, at the moment.

Yes, I gather this means that you are often working remotely. Perhaps it
would be best in your case to always work remotely - even when you are
at the local console. More about this later.

> Sometimes, I have to leave a session running. Reaching the machine
> from another terminal, sbopkg exits with the PID to kill shown. Is it
> possible to add a question about having it killed on the spot instead?

I'm not sure that I completely understand what you are asking Wed, but
you can set the flag to allow sbopkg to NOT enforce only a single
process of itself, although there are caveats to note if you choose to
do so.

Better still, as a suggestion, would be to always run sbopkg remotely.
i.e., since it appears that you're leaving it open most of the time the
following would facilitate you using it without ever having to kill the
process:

$ tmux attach

once you have a tmux (or screen, or Twin's twterm) session running, you
can run sbopkg and just leave it. a ^b+d allows you to detach (optional
from the local console, but you would certainly want to do this from any
remote ssh connection) and you can also simultaneously connect to the
the tmux session via any ssh session, or multiple ssh sessions all at
the same time.

I hope that helps, and also that I explained it adequately.

Kindest regards,

Bradley