[sbopkg-users] How to set up and use a local repository?

slakmagik slakmagik at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 22:08:40 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-17 (Sat) 13:19:17 [+0530], Charles wrote:
> Hello :-)
>
> What is the best way to set up a local repository (as opposed to a local
> copy of the slackbuild.org repository)?
>
> I followed the sbopkg.conf man page, section REPO_NAME, where it says
> "The local' choice corresponds to a user-maintained repository whose
> structure must be the same as the one used by SBo, in the sense of a
> category/package/files hierarchy".
>
> I set up a directory structure for the local repository and unpacked
> three non-standard SlackBuilds into it:
>
> /var/lib/sbopkg/local/
> `-- 14.0
>     |-- academic
>     |-- accessibility
>     |-- audio
>     |-- business
>     |-- desktop
>     |-- development
>     |-- games
>     |-- graphics
>     |-- ham
>     |-- haskell
>     |-- libraries
>     |   |-- tbb
>     |   `-- xapian-core
>     |-- misc
>     |-- multimedia
>     |-- network
>     |   `-- spideroak
>     |-- office
>     |-- perl
>     |-- python
>     |-- ruby
>     `-- system

What you've done there is create a branch/category/package/files
hierarchy rather than a category/package/files hierarchy. And you don't
have to reproduce the exact academic..system hierarchy - it just needs
to have that level. So if you move everything under
/var/lib/sbopkg/local/14.0 to /var/lib/sbopkg/local/ and remove 14.0 it
should work.