[sbopkg-users] Enhancement request: /etc/sbopkg/repos.d documentation

slakmagik slakmagik at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 21:59:27 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-17 (Sat) 13:01:29 [+0530], Charles wrote:
> Hello :-)
>
> All the functional files in (version 0.36.0) /etc/sbopkg/repos.d have
> this first line:
>
> # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE. CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN. See the README
>
> Presumably the README is the file identified by the
> /etc/sbopkg/repos.d/README symlink which is
> /usr/doc/sbopkg-0.36.0/README-repos
>
> /usr/doc/sbopkg-0.36.0/README-repos does not include a description of
> how the /etc/sbopkg/repos.d functional files are generated or how to
> change them.

It's a kind of debianesque/sysv sort of convention that I'm not all that
fond of but numbered files are pretty conventional and many users would
know the protocols but you're right that it's not specifically
documented (the "All *.repo files are scanned in alphabetical order."
part of the README only implies it). Thanks for pointing that out - I'll
also fix that soon, but the answer is that the repos.d files are not
'generated' but the default files are installed with sbopkg (overwriting
any previous copies, so wiping out any edits) so, if the user wishes to
make permanent changes, they need to create files numbered in the order
they want them processed. So you could create a 10.my.repo to get
processed first; a 90-my.repo to get processed last, or a 45 or 55 to
get processed in the middle, etc. Unlike the default files, none of
these will get clobbered (unless something gets changed and there's a
warning in the NEWS file about it ;) ).