[sbopkg-users] Moving sbopkg to /usr/sbin and require root

Eric Schultz eric at schultzter.ca
Fri Feb 10 05:39:20 UTC 2012

Good evening...

Sorry to re-open an old and probably closed discussion but I have a
pertinent situation.

Perhaps there's something I'm not understanding, but I want to do is have
my server (a NAS) rsync the SlackBuilds.org repository so it's available to
all my computers. Rather than have each one sync the repository themselves.
 I know it's not much data  but it seems much more efficient to only do it
once.

As such, I wanted to set the REPO_ROOT to an NFS mounted directory from my
server.  And of course the REPO_NAME and REPO_BRANCH appropriately too.

But sbopkg is checking to see if it has write-access to the directory,
which it doesn't. Normally root won't on an NFS mounted share
(security/paranoia, that kind of thing). So it fails, right from the start.

Except it should never have to write to the directory since my server is
taking care of keeping the local copy up-to-date.

I've done some bash scripting, so I could probably contribute but is this
already possible with some option I've missed? Or is there some "gotcha"
that will make this difficult or impossible to implement?

Thanks,

BTW, is there a searchable archive for sbopkg-users? I couldn't find
anything on gmane or marc.

<http://blog.schultzter.ca/p/about-me.html>