[sbopkg-users] Help wanted to run sbopkg

V'yacheslav Stetskevych slava18 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 07:49:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:24 AM, James&Helen <jh-gilmour at bigpond.com> wrote:
>      It's been a while since I last used *sbopkg* and I've forgotten how to
> open it!!.
>        It's still in ~/Downloads/usr/*sbopkg but I can't get into it from a
> terminal or a desktop.
>        Can some kind person help this one to cross the road?

Step 0: I don't know how you have sbopkg installed, so you might want
to go to http://sbopkg.org/ and download the latest Package (a green
link on the right side of the page).
Step 1: Open a terminal, become root by issuing "su -", then install
the downloaded package by running "upgradepkg --install-new
--reinstall /path/to/your/sbopkg-...-.tgz".
Step 2: Stay in the root shell, run "sbopkg" and follow the prompts.

That is all.
Have fun.

- V'yacheslav.

--
If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo,
then Linux is Dolby Digital and all the music is free...