[sbopkg-users] bash completion

slakmagik slakmagik at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 02:46:42 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-09 (Sun) 03:22:05 [+0300], Sergey V. wrote:
> On Saturday 08 of January 2011 06:05:40 slakmagik wrote:
>
> > Thanks for this contribution, but you need to either import have() from
> > the main script or drop it and similarly with _get_comp_words_by_ref()
> > and _filedir (and the functions those functions call, etc.). I'd prefer
> > junking as much as possible from the main script to keep the part broken
> > out for sbopkg as small and simple as possible. For instance, _filedir
> > seems to try to rewrite a simple 'compgen -f' just for filenames with
> > spaces. But whatever makes it work. That's all I see right off, as I
> > haven't looked at it very closely yet.
>
> Sorry, forgot to say, sbopkg completion script written for bash-completion-1.2
> or above (slackbuild attached).
>
> have(), _get_comp_words_by_ref() and _filedir is builtin functions of bash-
> completion-1.2.

I know. So it looks like we had some miscommunication in #sbopkg. I
don't see the point of this. If someone wants to install
bash_completion, then they do so and they get sbopkg completions. And
that's that package; not sbopkg. What I thought you were offering was a
simple, independent, self-contained file such as the git or mercurial
completion files. Something like that would be nice to include in
sbopkg. But I don't want a file in sbopkg that doesn't work unless you
install something else.

> We can't just s/_filedir/compgen -f/, it will does not works.

Yeah, I didn't figure it would - I just meant that bash-completion-1.2
seems to include overhead that could be reduced for simple sbopkg
completion.