[sbopkg-users] sbopkg slow to start using git repository

Bill Kirkpatrick bkirkp at gmail.com
Thu May 6 17:00:16 UTC 2010

I've solved my problem (temporarily, I hope) by modifying
/etc/sbopkg/repos.d/30-SBo-git.repo to:

# Repo Branch Description Tag Tool Link CheckGPG
#SBo-git current "Unofficial repository for -current" _SBo git git://
github.com/Ponce/SBo-git.git at current ""
SBo-git current "Unofficial repository for -current" _SBo "" "" ""

I am, of course, used to the rsync repository from SBo, so I made the
mistake of thinking that the git repository would work like the rsync one, &
only update when I used the sync command. My current assumption is that the
git repository is updated every time sbopkg is started. My next assumption
is that to update the repository, I would have to remove the "#" from line 2
above, add it to line 3 & start sbopkg. Is that correct? I really don't need
it to sync every time I start the program
Regards,
Bill