[sbopkg-users] md5sum of cached source

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Wed May 20 16:06:16 UTC 2009

* David Spencer <nobbutl at yahoo.co.uk> [2009-05-20 14:21:52]:

> Hi folks,
>
> An issue has shown up with today's upversioning of GoogleEarth.

<snip>

I will echo Mauro's point -- thanks for the bug report.  We really
appreciate it when someone takes the time to let us know something is
wonky so we can get to work and try to fix it.

> Hope this is helpful,
> Best wishes and thanks for a really nice utility
> - Dave Spencer

Thanks also for the kind words.  We have been working very hard on the
sbopkg -trunk branch over the last several months to improve the
codebase in a lot of ways.  Folks are free to follow along the SVN
-trunk branch, test things out, and let us know how it's going.
Slakmagik's 'sspm' utility, located in /tools, is very helpful in
easily building or installing a package based on SVN.  Be sure to read
the ChangeLog-current.txt, however, as there are many significant
changes folks need to know about before attempting to use sbopkg from
SVN.

> PS.  It might even be nice to add another choice to the question "Do you
> want to use the downloaded $PKG source" --
>
>  - (D)ownload, get a new copy of the source and continue;
>
> but the code's structure would start to get a bit icky, and with the
> current choices the user has an obvious workround (just remove the
> cached source and rebuild).

Do you mean offer the ability to re-download the source while processing
the queue?

--
Chess Griffin