[sbopkg-users] Sbopkg 0.27.4 Released and 0.30.0 Update

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Wed Jun 24 23:20:02 UTC 2009

A new sbopkg version 0.27.4 has been released.  This is the fourth, and
possibly last, release in the 0.27.x -stable branch of sbopkg.  This
release has a few important fixes and all users should upgrade to this
new release.

Here is the 0.27.4 ChangeLog:

  * Fix rare issue where incorrect file was upgraded; thanks to neonflux for
    the bug report.
  * Fix issue where custom build options may not be correctly exported.
  * Improve cleanup after building or installing a package.

As for sbopkg 0.30.0, which is the next major release of sbopkg, we hope
to have an alpha package and tarball available for testing very soon.  I
will detail some of the changes when I make the alpha annoucement.  As
it turns out, however, not only did we make some significant inroads to
cleaning up the code and hopefully making it more stable and secure, but
we ended up adding some nice new features and enhancements.  We would
/greatly/ appreciate testers of the alpha release (and later betas and
RC's) so we can get some good feedback before 0.30.0 is finalized.

In the meantime, a package and source tarball for sbopkg 0.27.4 can be
found at the sbopkg project website:

http://www.sbopkg.org

Enjoy!

--