[sbopkg-users] Search window on sbopkg beta

Chess Griffin chess.griffin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 15:15:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Mauro
Giachero<mauro.giachero at gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem with the signal handling remains, but since the refresh
> workaround doesn't trigger for TERM=xterm-color you have to explicitly
> resize the window.
> On the other hand, I've been unable to reproduce the old refresh problem on
> -current, and exporting TERM=xterm-color in a screen session seems to fix it
> on S12.2 in a screen session and in aterm (TERM=rxvt).
>
> Even though this is a very hacky way to proceed, maybe we could replace the
> current workaround with a simple 'export TERM=xterm-color'?

TBH, I'm not sure we necessarily need to try to solve all of these
problems in sbopkg.  If the GNU Screen extra characters issue bothers
someone, they could work around it by putting something like the
following untested kludge in their .bashrc:

case "$TERM" in
        screen*) alias sbopkg="TERM=xterm-color sbopkg" ;;
esac

However, the signal handling issue might be a different animal that
cannot easily be worked around like that.  I just have not looked at
it yet.

--
Chess Griffin