[sbopkg-users] Search window on sbopkg beta

Mauro Giachero mauro.giachero at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 11:14:42 UTC 2009

Ah, the joys of computer programming...

The extra chars appear from within screen sessions. SSH isn't required.

We're facing another dialog bug. Try this in a screen session inside
Konsole:
  dialog --title "foo" --inputbox "bar" 8 20
If you resize the Konsole window, the characters appear.
Now, the resize event is notified to the application with a SIGWINCH, which
is exactly the signal we send in the background to dialog in screen sessions
to force a repaint (to work around another dialog bug which sometimes
prevented the dialogs from being drawn).

I have no idea on how we can work around both problems.

On the plus side (sort of), I've been unable to reproduce the issue on S12.2
in qemu. Any idea on when the problem started?

--
Mauro Giachero