[sbopkg-users] sbopkg-0.30.0beta changing repository problem

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Wed Jul 15 12:53:11 UTC 2009

* Steven A. McIntosh <mcintosh at cotterochan.co.uk> [2009-07-15 12:21:46]:

> Hi Chess et al.
>
> Thanks for the good work.
>
> I have found a problem when changing repository via the utilities menu.
>
> I changed to SB64/master from SBo/12.2, and rsynced, all worked just
> fine. I then quit the program to find a tarball that I had already
> downloaded in order to test a build under SB64/master. On trying to
> re-start sbopkg I got a repository error.
>
> It appears that sbopkg is trying to still load the repository in
> sbopkg.conf, yet it has a memory of a different repository that was used
> last.
>
> Should the utility menu change of repository not change the sbopkg.conf
> file also?

After changing repositories to the Slamd64 repo, sbopkg asks if you want
to save this in the /root/.sbopkg.conf file.  If you select "YES" it
saves REPO_BRANCH=master in /root/.sbopkg.conf (/root/.sbopkg.conf
overrides settings in /etc/sbopkg/sbopkg.conf).  However, it should also
save REPO_NAME=SB64 in there as well, which is why it's breaking.

So, could you try adding REPO_NAME=SB64 to /root/.sbopkg.conf and see if
that fixes it?  It appears to work here but I'd like to get
confirmation.

Thanks for the bug report!

--
Chess Griffin